Teradata Quality Engineer in San Diego, California
Teradata is looking for a Quality Engineer I to be part of the BAR Quality and Solutions group in Teradata’s Data Platform Organization. The BAR Quality and Solutions team drives quality improvement within Teradata. Quality improvement activities include solving problems, corrective action, process automation, defect management, managing process and system issues. This role will report to the Senior Manager in the BAR Quality and Solutions team and part of Teradata’s Data Platform Organization.
Establish Quality practices inside the Teradata’s BAR Quality and Solutions team.
· Design and automate highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments
· Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
· Comfortable working with distributed teams
· Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
· Automation is in your DNA
Skills and Experience:
· Code/scripting skills in Linux and/or Unix environment
· Knowledge of software development, deployment and testing methodologies
· Familiarity with one or more Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Docker or LXC
· Experience working with one or more Test and Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, or Ant
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.