Teradata Revenue Standalone Selling Price Manager in San Diego, California
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Job Description- Revenue Standalone Selling Price Manager
• Evaluate and maintain data to support Standalone Selling Price (“SSP”) on a timely basis.
• Articulate issues and their financial impacts to pertinent parties
• Monitor pricing behavior and work with Field to influence changes needed
• Perform critical SSP analysis for conclusion on SSP compliance.
• Ensure that SSP of fair value carve-out is properly calculated. Review, investigate and conclude on financial impact relating to exceptions
• Assist in the analysis, evaluation and disclosure of SSP approach to meet accounting close and audit requirements on time
• Prepare SSP related analytics and metrics as required, highlighting compliance status, potential trend on SSP pool changes and need for pricing behavior modifications
• Document SSP analysis procedures, conclusions and maintain adequate audit trail.
• Perform SOX control activities and track compliance metrics
• Manage external audit of SSP
• Work to continuously improve SSP processes and documentation
• Support SSP guidelines and measurement factors and support full testing efforts
• Deliver training to Field to explain processes and requirements for applying SSP guidelines
Job Requirements, Education and Background
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or relevant work experience
• Certified Public Accountant with managerial experience preferred
• Strong technical level of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), including software and the accounting for multiple performance obligations.
• Total experience of at least 5 to 8 years preferably with a public company
• Experience working with revenue recognition matters in a software company or the technology industry
• Working knowledge of revenue recognition literature including Topic 606
• Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
• Ability to work with multiple currencies and subsidiaries
• Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Ability to communicate in a written and oral manner with senior management
• A self starter who can multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
• Detailed oriented, accountable, strong drive for execution
• Hands-on experience in interactions with auditors on revenue recognition and SSP compliance issues preferred
• Able to identify issues impacting data integrity caused by upstream process inefficiencies. Proactive and able to drive changes, enlist support to resolve issues from the source
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. \n\nWe are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.\n\nConsistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.