Teradata Senior UI Platform Engineer in San Diego, California
The Teradata UX team is looking for a self-driven Frontend web application engineer that cares about the overall user, developer and customer experience. You will help design, build & maintain Covalent, our open source UI Platform built on Angular 5+ and Material Design. You will also build several of our new cloud-based data & analytical products on this platform.
• Develop an open source UI Platform and use it on enterprise products
• Build platform-quality code that’s well tested and reusable
• Influence and collaborate with product teams across the entire organization
• Ensure usability, accessibility and user experience are standardized
• Develop diverse big data analytical applications
• Mentor junior engineers and work closely with software architects
• Negotiate with program managers and product owners are overall product strategy
• Testing suite experience (Unit tests, Browser tests, e2e tests, Usability tests, etc)
• UI framework proficiency (Angular-Material, Polymer, Foundation, Bootstrap, etc)
• RESTful API consumption and design (Build & consume services)
• Visualization framework experience (D3.js, Highcharts, Google Charts, etc)
• Use of build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc)
• Git & Github experience (Gitflow branch or fork model)
• Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
• 2+ years in each of the following;
• UI Frameworks (including any mix of Angular-Material, Bootstrap CSS, Foundation, jQuery UI, Ionic, 960 Grid)
• CSS Processors (including any mix of SASS, SCSS, LESS, Stylus)
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.