Teradata Senior Staff Solution Analyst \/ Analytics Product Owner in Virtual, Mexico
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Senior Staff Solution Analyst
Our mission is to build out a world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader for mega-scale Analytics platforms. Teradata is looking for talents with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Transcend is a highly optimized delivery organization building an analytic platform that is truly customer zero for Teradata and recognized as being the best-in-class analytic ecosystem. We achieve this by focusing on providing a technical analytic ecosystem that is recognized as best in-class and positioned to be customer zero for Teradata released products. Transcend places an emphasis on Data Management and Self-Service by defining and securing our data for authorized resources all while simplifying access by providing data in a self-service environment. Executing on an Analytic Delivery Roadmap allows us to provide actionable insights to our business stakeholders. Transcend is committed to both operational and development excellence. This is achieved by creating an efficient and effective environment that provides world class development, maintenance and support for our Transcend customers.
· Take the product owner role for the scrum team
· Manage the project/product delivery lifecycle
· Managing business stakeholders and responsible for all business facing communication.
· Lead data warehouse integration / reporting/ improvement projects from start to finish including defining scope, gathering requirements, working with engineers, data modelers
and architects to implement optimal solutions, perform testing, support production releases and communication of releases.
· Help to design, develop, test, and implement tables, views, operational reporting, scorecards, and dashboards to support internal business customers
· Use the data to analyze, interpret and solve complex business problems.
· Troubleshoot issues as they arise and independently solve problems
· Prepare documentation on all projects support eventual productization of processes and services of the analytics platform product.
· Share knowledge of analytics and data in area of specialty
· Structured Thinking and Presentation - comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to provide structure and frame thinking logically and effectively.
· Broad program management experience - ability to navigate Heritage, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
· Excellent business analysis skills including understanding Data in relation to the business and profiling the data to produce detailed artifacts for engineering.
· Exposure and experience defining new products, features and data systems to meet the business needs of a diverse set of stakeholders. Skill in analytics, modeling and data applications concepts for large bigdata environments.
· In depth knowledge of data system design for data mining, modeling, reporting and analytics. Strong experience authoring technical documentation guiding the product
development lifecycle for data products and self service analytics solutions
· Be expert with the business process and data knowledge, understand the upstream system, govern the critical foundation data
· Experience eliminating roadblocks for technical staff and tracking detailed development of large numbers of deliverables at the same time.
· Understand with data visualization, data mining and statistical modeling
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills
· “Can do” attitude, team player, energetic personality, works well under pressure in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
· 15+ years of experience in a hands-on data application related business system analysis, data analytics role
· 8+ years of experience in a product owner or program management role
· Multiple full-lifecycle system implementations in a data environment
· Fluent in SQL and relational databases
· Hands on experience with PowerBI or other data visualization tools
· Familiar with business analytics and data science.
· Bachelor's Degree above or equivalent. Computer Science, Math or Statistics preferred
This position requires an individual who is experienced with supporting new system development with requirements and documentation and enhancing existing systems. The solution analysts should have skill at technical document authoring, writing, and analyzing SQL to validate results, and interfacing with various stakeholders across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience understanding and documenting the design of new data products, write excellent technical documentation, and will be equally comfortable interfacing with business users and technical staff. Previous experience in environments with big data platforms like Teradata and Hadoop is highly desirable.